Guitar Phrasing Lessons
- Do you know how to make your solos sound just like your favourite guitar players?
- Do you know how to turn average licks into great sounding licks?
- Does your playing sound very flat, lifeless, and lacking emotion?
- Do you possess the ability to hear exactly HOW the notes are played and what techniques are being used in your favourite songs and solos for each and every single note?
- Are your bends and vibrato weak and lack expression and fire?
- Can you make every single note that you play on guitar sound awesome?
- Do you find that when you learn your favourite solos, that it still does not sound great like the original artist’s version?
- Are you fluently able to hear, replicate and adapt phrasing techniques in your guitar solos?
Lifeless guitar solos suck.
Get Expressive Phrasing & Articulation.
If you struggle to express yourself fully in your guitar solos, you are like most guitar players. Has this ever happened to you? You learn a solo, note-for-note and spend a lot of time learning, practicing and mastering it.
Then when you play the solo, it just doesn’t sound good. You play all the right notes at the right time, but the notes lack expression, and it all just kind of sounds lame. The solo doesn’t seem to have the same fire, emotion and passion in the actual song.
If this sounds familiar, don’t feel bad. I was at that point not so long ago. I felt terrible about my guitar playing and did not even know what to do about it. I always used to wonder how guitar players used to be able to literally make the hair stand on my arm with their amazing solos. I could play all the techniques out there but couldn’t really use them to make the notes come alive. I used to think maybe I didn’t possess the ability to make my solos sound good, and my bends always sounded like a cat crying!
The worst thing – guitar teachers often don’t know how to teach guitar phrasing. I tried looking for someone to teach me phrasing skills. I interviewed many teachers on the phone and in person – not one mentioned phrasing skills! It was the usual, “What guitar do you want to learn? What songs do you want to learn?”
If you have similar challenges in your playing, you need help with your phrasing skills. Phrasing skills go beyond just playing the right notes at the right time. Its about HOW you play the notes to make jaw-dropping and face-melting expressions in your solos.
Imagine if you could just make every single note you play on the guitar sound awesome! Pretty much anything you play will sound amazing, and everyone will wonder what you are doing to make it sound so good. Have you ever seen a great guitar player pick up a crappy guitar and still sound great? Its all in the tone from the fingers and more importantly, phrasing!
Ever heard a solo and straightaway knew who the guitar player was just by listening? That’s because the guitar player has such a high level of phrasing skills that he or she has their own unique way of playing the notes. What if you could emulate exactly the way your favourite guitar player hero phrases notes? What if you could develop your phrasing skills and have a unique sound that is just specific to YOU?
Here’s what you get:
Guitar phrasing is one of the most important skills that you need to master if you want to sound great on the guitar. In order to fully develop your phrasing skills you need to consistently practice and work on this area of guitar playing. The good news is that it is not so difficult to achieve great phrasing on the guitar! All it takes is the right training and soon all your playing will take new heights.
Even though it doesn’t take much time to improve your phrasing skills but it is often overlooked by the vast majority of guitar players (and teachers). Phenomenal Phrasing will help you to eliminate obliterate all of the Phrasing issues in your playing.
- You will learn rhythmic soloing concepts, ornamentation and how to apply all of the musical skills that you already have in creative, musical and expressive ways.
- You will develop hearing skills to hear exactly how notes are phrased in your favourite solos so that you can play like that too.
- You will learn how to turn an average licks into a great licks, and add fire and expression to your guitar playing.
- You will learn how to ‘borrow’ and adapt licks and musical phrases from solos and make them your own to match your personal style.
- You will learn secrets of creativity and how to massively improve your phrasing abilities.
- You will learn how to instantly sound like and be perceived as a superior guitar player.
- You will learn to apply techniques like bends, vibrato, legato, sweep picking in creative and musical ways.
- You will develop the ability to play every single part of your guitar solos perfectly.